Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Winter Skincare Routine

With the winter weather in full swing, my skin is telling me that it is dry and it needs moisture or else it will retaliate with small breakouts and patches of dry skin. Anyone else? 

Today I am going to be breaking down my winter nighttime skincare routine to help lock in moisture and ensure my skin stays looking its best. I use all Beautycounter products for this routine but know that this is in no way sponsored or endorsed by the company. All reviews and opinions are my own. 

I love using Beautycounter for many reasons, the main reason being that the products work fantastic, but I love how transparent and responsible this brand is. Safety is at the heart of this company and knowing that anything I buy is safe to use on myself, my husband, and my future children is such a peace of mind. (Hey Beautycounter, when will you be releasing a dog line?) If you don’t know much about skincare safety laws and regulations I will give you a quick synopsis: there aren't many. Why is this a problem? Because there are more than 80,000 chemicals in the market today, most of which have not been tested for safety. If you’re interested in learning more check it out here

My skincare routine has 6 steps and it only takes me about 10 minutes. Everybody should make time for this, especially because taking care of that skin is so important! The first thing I do is wash my face with the Nourishing Cream Cleanser. I love how light this cleanser is and I use a pea size amount to wash my entire face. The first time I used it I used wayyyy too much. After I cleanse I pat my face dry and use a toner. I just started using the Countermatch Hydra- Gel Radiance Toner. Typically toners have alcohol in them which is why you feel that burning sensation after you use it. This toner has Benzyl Alcohol which is a natural form found in essential oils. You won’t get that burning or drying feeling that you get from a toner found at the drugstore. I use these reusable cotton pads because you can just throw them in the washing machine when you’re done. So much less waste! I let my face dry for a minute and then use the Resurfacing Peel all over my face and neck. This stuff is magic in a bottle! It has helped even out my skin tone and make my face feel baby bottom soft. Usually a peel you would leave on and then wash off, but not with this bad boy! You simply leave it on and let it work it’s magic overnight. I let that soak in for a few minutes, this is usually when I brush my teeth. Next I will go in with my eye cream. I have been using the Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream and I really like how thick it is. You do not need to use much. I usually just dab my ring finger in the jar and tap that under my eyes. I then put on my nighttime cream which is the Countermatch Recovery Sleeping Cream. I like a thick sleeping cream because in the winter I get really dry. If you’re not a fan of a thick cream try a day cream, they are typically much lighter. I like this one. If I am feeling SUPER dry, like I have been lately, I will top my whole face off with an oil. I flip back and forth between Beautycounter’s No.1 and No. 3 oil. I like the No. 1 because it smells amazing, like a large orange was just freshly juiced into the bottle, but I like the No. 3 if I am experiencing any breakouts. 

I hope this is helpful on how to treat your skin in the winter. It is helpful to know your skin type when making decisions regarding the products you put on it. If you’re unsure take this skincare quiz to help you find the right products for you! Stay beautiful! Xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment