Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Hourglass Primer

Happy Wednesday, you made it halfway through the week! Mine is super busy and filled with exciting business meetings and parties! If you haven't read, I joined Beautycounter to spread the word for safer skincare. You can read all about it here.

One thing I am obsessed with and literally can’t live without in my makeup routine is a good primer. Beautycounter offers a mist that can be used as a makeup primer but I love a cream I can physically rub in. My tried and true has been my Becca Backlight primer. I’ve used this for probably going on two years and I recommend it to everyone. It gives an amazing glow, makes your makeup last all day, and minimizes those pores. I love this stuff so much that if someone were to tell me I couldn’t use it, I would have a full blown adult hissy fit. So why is this post called Hourglass primer then? Remember how I said I’m spreading the word about safer skincare - I bet you can guess where this is going.

So I did some research on my beloved primer. I dug deep into the ingredients and cross checked them with the Never List provided by Beautycounter and the EWG cosmetic database just to be accurate. Well ladies the results are in and I feel like I’ve been cheated on; you know that gut wrenching feeling of betrayal? And by my own makeup!! Five of the 13 ingredients are moderate to severe health hazards, some of which have been linked to cancer. I don't know about you but I’m just not willing to expose my skin to that now that I know the facts.

That brings me to today’s product the Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum. I stumbled upon this by accident while mindlessly browsing all the pretty packages at Sephora and I was immediately drawn to it based on the packaging alone. I am a sucker for anything with essential oils and this product is no exception. It’s formulated with 14 essential oils, 10 lipid-rich plant oils, and four vitamins. It is formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan. Needless to say I was sold on the product and bought it.

Let’s get down to what you’re really wondering, does it work? The answer is yes!! I actually love it more than my Becca primer! I opted for the mini size because one it is expensive and two a little bit goes a long way with this product. I use about a pea size amount and it is plenty for my full face. I love that this primer is very hydrating and the skin really absorbs it. I let it sit on my face for a few minutes before applying my foundation because it does sit on the skin upon application. My makeup still stays all day and I have that glow from within look that I love. If you have oily skin this product probably isn't the best for you but the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is made without those harmful ingredients and is oil free.

I love to top off my makeup with this setting spray. It helps to seal in the makeup and it smells amazing. I am obsessed with anything peony scented, candles, room sprays, flowers you name it, so this is right up my ally! This is also a great mist to use right after the gym or when you need a quick refresh.

I hope this helps on your journey to safer skincare. If you can switch just one thing from your everyday skincare or makeup routine you’re helping your skin! Need help? Ask away!! Stay beautiful and healthy! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment