Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Valentine's Day Outfit Inspiration

Dresses 1|2|3|4 ⤖ Clutch 1|2 ⤖ Pumps 1|2 ⤖ Jewelry 1|2|3

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner I thought it would be fun to share some outfit inspiration. Jay and I always celebrate Valentine’s Day the weekend after because restaurants are SO busy on the actual day. We enjoy it much more and most places are a lot less crowded. Last year we made reservations at The Republic in Bloomfield and the food was to die for! I accidently made the reservations at The Republic in Hartford but the hostess was kind enough, I think she felt bad for me, and let us have the next available table. My favorite thing there is the bacon wrapped dates stuffed with cream cheese - so delicious. This year we made reservations for a couple’s massage and I really want to try a new restaurant for dinner. I love getting dressed up and going to new places, who doesn’t? Answer: my husband. He would be so content getting take out and cuddling up at home and watching a movie. Most nights I would agree, but there’s something special about getting all dolled up and going out on a date.


Jay and I have been making it a point to go on a date night at least once a month. Life gets so busy, and weekends especially, that we often forget the importance of dating. Even though we are happily married, it’s nice to go out and just talk and reconnect without the distraction of things to do around the house. When we first started dating I was home from my freshman year of college and that’s when our relationship really started to grow. We would sit outside in the hot summer air, under the stars and we could talk for hours just getting to know each other. There was something so romantic about it. Many of you who know me know that I am rather shy when I first meet someone but with Jay, I felt like I could be myself instantly. His sense of humor, his charm, and his attentiveness set me at ease. I specifically remember the moment I knew he was the one. I was having a family birthday celebration and of course everyone wanted to meet Jay. He was the boy next door, my first serious love, and older than me- ooo scandalous! (I kid, he's only 3 years older than me). Jay seemed to fit right in with all my friends and family, he was the center of attention and making everyone laugh. In the middle of all the laughing and joking I knew right then that I would spend the rest of my life with this man. He still makes me laugh every single day and I do not take that for granted. Jay is my biggest supporter and would do absolutely anything to make me happy. I am so fortunate to have met a man like him, I truly am blessed. So needless to say, I’m really looking forward to our next date night which happens to be for Valentine’s Day!


I found the most adorable and affordable dresses, heels, jewels, and clutches for Valentine’s Day, or any date night. Even if you’re going out with your gal friends these outfits will make you feel like a million bucks without breaking the bank. I think I am going to order the black off the shoulder dress and the Sam Edelman heels. I have been wanting leopard pumps for a while now and this is the perfect excuse to order them! What are you wearing for Valentine’s Day? Do you have any special celebrations with your spouse? Stay beautiful. Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment