Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hair Products You'll Love


Having a four day weekend was definitely what the doctor ordered. The weather was so gorgeous, it was making me so anxious for Spring! I am so tired of wearing sweaters and boots - isn’t it funny how as soon as Fall hits we’re all like yay it’s sweater weather! Now that I’ve been wearing these clothes for what seems like too many months, I’m looking forward to tank tops, dresses, and open toed sandals. The cold dry weather has not been so kind to my hair. This winter, more than others, my hair has had so many flyaways and was fairly dry and brittle. I tried SO many hair products and a few of them are definite winners! I’m going to walk you through washing, drying, and styling with products that really make my hair feel nourished and look good.

I’ve been using Redken Color Extend shampoo and conditioner for about three months now and I love the smell of it. It makes my hair shiny and cleanses well, even when my scalp is caked with dry shampoo. I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week so I don’t mind paying a little extra for a good quality shampoo. I would say I go through a bottle every 3-4 months, and even though my hair is fine I have a lot of it.
After I wash and condition my hair I use this hair mask. The coconut oil really helps when my scalp is dry, especially in these winter months. You can get this mask at Target, Walmart, I’ve even gotten it at Ocean State Job Lot! It’s an inexpensive way to get swoon worthy hair. It adds shine and leaves my hair super soft. I use this every time I wash my hair and I use about a palmful amount so I get a few washes out of each package.

After I wash my hair I use one of two products to detangle my hair. My hair is always very snarly after I wash it, no matter what miracle product I use in the shower. My favorite leave in product has been by It’s a 10. This product smells heavenly and comes in a spray bottle, which is my favorite part. It is so easy to spray on and you don’t need to worry about slathering it all over your hands and running your fingers through your hair. My brush runs easily through my hair after I use this product. I got the sample sized bottle and I just ran out. Although I’m not looking forward to dropping $20 on a 4 oz. bottle, it is 100% worth it! If you don’t love a leave in conditioner but you need something to tame your mane before you brush it I have another spray-on detangler favorite. This detangler, which is not necessarily advertised as a detangler, is actually a fabulous detangler. Just a fair warning it does smell like straight up apple cider vinegar, but I actually like the smell. It is 98% plant based and helps to balance the ph in your hair and leave it silky smooth. I loved how my hair looked when I used this and let it air dry.
I use a wet brush to brush my hair and if you haven’t tried this brush yet, you need to! Even if your hair still has tough snags in it, this brush won’t pull or rip your hair out. I got mine at Marshalls, but you can pretty much find them at any drugstore.

I do blow-dry my hair at least twice a week because I wash my hair at night. I don’t like to go to bed with wet hair because when I wake up in the morning my hair is usually still wet - thick hair problems! I hate blow drying my hair. It takes forever, I end up sweating, and twenty minutes later I am cranky and hot. Not fun! Let me preface this by saying I was not in the market for a new hair dryer. If you know my husband Jay you know that he is a deal finder. He never pays full price for anything and will scour the internet looking for the best deal for about 99% of the things he buys. Anyways, my husband showed me this hair dryer that was a deal of the day on Amazon . I read the reviews, I was obviously intrigued by the promise of a short drying time, and just like that, it was here in two days; thanks Prime! Without sounding over dramatic, this hair dryer changed my life. Okay I know that sounded dramatic. You need this hair dryer ladies, it feels like it is salon quality! It is powerful, has numerous heat settings, and dries your hair so quickly.
Most days I straighten my hair with my very old Chi straightener but lately I have been loving curling my hair with this curler. I got mine at Marshalls for a fraction of the price, so check your local TJMaxx or Marshalls before you order it from Ulta. My hair is very fussy when it comes to holding a curl but this curling iron really has the magic touch. I like to spritz my curls with this hair spray when I’ve finished. It holds well without feeling sticky or looking crunchy.

On the days my hair needs a quick refresh I use this dry shampoo. It is SO good! It makes my hair super soft and the best part is it is tinted brown. Often dry shampoo would make my hair look white or leave some kind of residue on my scalp. I highly recommend this dry shampoo, and it is super inexpensive.

Any suggestions on hair products I should try? I’m also looking for a new straightener, what are your favorites?! Stay beautiful! Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment