Thursday, September 1, 2016

Larabar Bites

These are by far my favorite thing to snack on. They are both salty and sweet and have dark chocolate; how can I possibly resist?! I can’t. Left to my own devices I could eat all of these in one week; which would not be good considering they should last at least two weeks. This recipe should make 20-30 bites, depending on how big you make them.
I have a big major sweet tooth. I need to have chocolate throughout the day to get my fix and I can rarely deny that craving. These homemade larabars are just the thing to subside my need for chocolate. I love to bring these to work to snack on because I can easily grab one in my spare time (“spare time”- to all my teacher friends out there, you feel me?) and eat it quickly and on the go. 
I’ve shared before that choosing snacks that are healthy is a struggle for me but choosing simple snacks is even harder. During the school day there are very few times when I can stop and have a snack and when I can, it needs to be fast. You might be thinking, “Well why can’t you just eat in your classroom? It is your classroom.” Have you tried eating in front of a 7 or 8 year old? The first things out of their mouths are, “Why do you get to eat? Can I have some?” Trust me when I tell you, you do not want to share these larabar bites with anyone, not even your most adorable students. They’re finger food snacks that even the busiest bee can snack on. Have you tried larabars before? These are perfect homemade dupes! Try them and you will see.


Recipe

Ingredients
½ cup lightly salted cashews
½ cup pitted dates
2 tsps cinnamon
1 oz chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Add all ingredients into food processor and blend until well combined - if you’re using a small blender do a little bit at a time

  1. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a small amount and roll into a ball with hands

  1. Refrigerate in airtight container
 
 
 

2 comments: