Friday, July 20, 2018

Safer Beauty Products with Beautycounter

It’s no secret that I love makeup and skincare. I love how it enhances beauty and makes me feel like a million bucks. Recently, I’ve been giving a lot of thought to what I put on my skin. I use a lot of different products, especially for my night time skincare routine. One night I was doing my thing when my husband said, “Do you even know what’s in all those products that you’re putting on your face?” At first I just waved him off, but then I stopped and thought, well actually I don’t!

I had heard about this tinted moisturizer from a brand called Beautycounter another blogger had mentioned. I was very interested in the product because it looked amazing. I hopped onto the website and I got to learn about this amazing company creating safer skincare. You can read all about their story, the CEO, and their mission to creating laws regulating ingredients in beauty products on their website. I attended a party where I learned more and got to test products on my skin. I knew I wanted to switch some of my daily beauty products out and replace them with this brand. I had no idea about the regulation of beauty products and it is true that knowledge is power. Here is a list of harmful ingredients found in many skincare and beauty products.  

Not all of my makeup is Beautycounter but I am now using some fabulous safer beauty products daily. Here are a few of my favorites!

1. No. 2 Plumping Facial Mist I use this to set my makeup everyday. It smells like peonies and makes my makeup stay all day!

2. Rejuvenating Eye Cream A little goes a long way with this cream. It's so light on the skin, you can barely feel it!

3. Nourishing Cream exfoliator LOVE this stuff. It smells like a citrus fruit cleanser and it gentle while still exfoliating the skin. I use this 3 times per week.

4. Nourishing Cream Cleanser This smells identical to the exfoliator. I use this on the days I don't exfoliate.

5. Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation I am about to order my second bottle of this product and ladies, it is so good! It is a tinted moisturizer with a bit of coverage so it doesn't feel or look cakey. What I love about it is that it is buildable. It comes in ten shades, I am shade sand for reference.

6. No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil I've been using this 2-3 times per week under my night time moisturizer. This smells just like an orange and even my husband loves the smell of it!

7. Cleansing Balm This should honestly be called the holy grail balm. It is a cleanser but it can be used as a makeup cleanser or overnight mask. This stuff takes off all my makeup in a snap! I follow up with a cream cleanser wash. If I'm feeling rather dry or drab I will slather this on my face at night and in the morning, oh my goodness your skin will feel like a baby's bum! If you get nothing else, GET THIS.

8. Nourishing Night Cream What I really like about these products is you don't need much, a little will go a long way. I tend to be more dry than oily so I love this stuff!

9. Charcoal Cleansing Bar I actually got this as a gift and I am going to be purchasing this when I run out. I love how this soap doesn't dry out my skin and bubbles up as you lather.

I hope this helps as you enter your journey to safer skin and beauty products! Would you want an updated skincare or makeup routine? Please leave any comments below! Stay beautiful! xoxo

Stay beautiful! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment