Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Natural Makeup Remover Wipes

Happy Wednesday!! Halfway through the week already?? I was laid up with strep all weekend so I will be happy when this weekend comes and I can actually enjoy my time at home. I am totally over this winter season and desperately need to air out my house and hit the refresh button for Spring!

In trying to stay healthy I have been using a lot of essential oils, many of which have multi purposes. For my birthday last year my aunt made me makeup remover wipes which contained essential oils and I was obsessed with them and wanted to recreate them so you ladies could try them too!
The ingredients are very simple: 2-3 tbsp witch hazel, 4 drops each of lavender, frankincense, and melaleuca essential oils, ¼ cup of water, and 20ish cotton rounds! I just used however many cotton rounds could fit in the jar I used. You can use any size glass jar - I used a jelly jar because that’s what I had on hand. I chose these three oils because they each do something different for the skin.
Witch Hazel: This is the astringent part of the makeup remover wipe and it also contains a toner. I am a big advocate for using a toner because it helps to remove any leftover oils that are still on the skin. I like this one because it is scent free and contains no alcohol.
Lavender: I love the smell of lavender and use it all the time. It has such a calming scent to it. I used it in this makeup remover because it can help to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. If you have sensitive skin, I suggest adding a little bit of fractionated coconut oil to the wipes to help dilute it more.
Frankincense: This oil is known as the “king of oils” and has many benefits for overall wellness. I used it specifically because it helps to soothe and rejuvenate skin.
Melaleuca: This is one of my favorite oils because it helps to promote a healthy immune system. I use this all throughout the winter! I used it in the remover wipes because it helps to cleanse and purify the skin to support a healthy complexion.
You’ll combine the oils, witch hazel and water in a small bowl and mix them together. Pour half of that mixture into the glass jar and put the cotton rounds on top. Pour the rest of the mixture on top of the cotton rounds. That’s it! Super simple and a safe way to take off all your makeup from the day. DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE THEM ON YOUR EYES. Since these do contain oils it would not be good to put them on your eyes as it would cause extreme discomfort. I recommend this eye makeup remover from Beautycounter. I wear a lot of mascara and this takes everything off in one or two wipes.  

These wipes smell amazing and leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed. Let me know if you try them! Stay beautiful! XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment