Monday, February 11, 2019

Clean Cleaning Products

Happy Monday! I love the weekends with my little family - but they go by way too fast. I spent the weekend cleaning and spending time with my husband. Jay and I decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day early and went to THE best restaurant on Saturday night. I ate too much food and indulged in a dessert but it was worth it. Our sweet pup is having surgery on Valentine’s Day so we will be giving her all of our love that day.

While I was cleaning I decided it might be fun to share how I’ve switched most of our cleaning supplies over to more natural and safe products. I have been using and loving the brand Mrs. Meyers. If you haven’t heard of it I am sure you’ve at least seen it; if you are a frequent Target shopper like me! At first I was hesitant to try these products because I was using a bleach based cleaner for the bathroom and a disinfectant cleaner for the kitchen. I was skeptical about the power of a plant based cleaner but I gave it a whirl and haven’t looked back.

First let’s talk about the Lemon Verbena Baking Soda Cleaner. This stuff is magical! If you have an electric stove you know about the burnt on food and water marks that get left behind after a night of cooking. I could not for the life of me get rid of these marks with my kitchen cleaner and I was about to take a razor blade to it - anyone else’s grandmother do this? Well I decided to try the baking soda cleaner because it had some grit to it and boy did it do the trick! I lathered it all over the stove top and then used a scrub daddy (if you don’t have one you are seriously missing out) and all of the burnt junk came right off! I also use the baking soda cleaner on my tub, kitchen sink and bathroom toilets and it works like a charm!

The second product I am obsessed with is the Peony Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner. It smells just like a peony, which is why I love it so much. I use this cleaner on my countertops, dining room table, and sinks. I always hated using the disinfectant cleaner because I felt like I was left smelling that harsh chemical smell in my nostrils for hours. I always associated the bleach smell with 100% clean but plants and essential oils have a lot of the same disinfectant power. My bathroom has never been so clean and smelled less like bleach!

The last product is my newest edition but I’ve already repurchased it - the Basil Hand Soap. This basil scent smells so fresh and sweet, it’s hard to not tell you that I am also obsessed with it because I totally am! I ordered a three pack on Amazon last month and stuck one in every bathroom. It gives your hands a good clean without drying them out.

The next products I am looking forward to purchasing are the dish soap and the glass cleaner. I think the scents honeysuckle and lilac will be my next fragrance choices. Have you tried any other clean cleaning products? I’d love to know which ones you like and would recommend! Stay healthy! Xo!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Grove Collaborative? A lot of their signature cleaning products are great. I also love Seventh Generation. Mrs. Meyer still uses PEG and artificial fragrance unfortunately. No wonder they smell so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? That is a bummer!! I will totally check out Seventh Generation! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete