Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Quick Baked Chicken Bites for Two


Often times my husband and I will come home from work and want a quick and easy dinner. It’s so tempting to order take out or go grab some dinner from our favorite pizzeria Gio’s. Instead I took a fan favorite, chicken nuggets, and made them a bit healthier.
These baked bites are super easy to make and can be prepped and cooked in under 30 minutes. I know what you’re thinking; how can I prep my chicken and fully cook it in this short amount of time? Well let me tell you. I always take out my chicken the night before so it thaws because I can never use the microwave correctly to defrost the chicken. When I do, half of it ends up cooking before it even makes it to the prep space; yuck! 
The secret to making the chicken cook so fast is chopping it into small cubes. I would say they are about an inch big. It makes it more like chicken bites rather than nuggets. The first time I made these the prep time took a while because I dipped each chicken piece into the egg individually. Let me save you a lot of time and annoyance and tell you to put all of the chicken pieces into the egg mixture at once. It is so much easier to simply pull out the chicken and quickly bread it and get it on the pan. 
I make this dish just for two, so I only use 1½ chicken breasts and it’s unusual for us to have leftovers. You could easily plan to make extra so you can add it to your favorite chicken recipe. This chicken is also good cold and it would be delicious in salad. These chicken bites are juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, the perfect combination for the pallet. 
Since we’ve been married, I have been trying to step up my wife game and create meals that encompass the whole food pyramid; not just the tiniest top of it. Asparagus is a new found love of ours. We’ve grilled, baked, and sautéed it. Tonight I baked it in the oven at 450͒ for about 20 minutes. I tossed the asparagus in olive oil and sea salt. The saltiness and crunch pair together so well. Asparagus is the perfect side to any dish in my book. This guilt free dinner will leave you satisfied without feeling bloated or stuffed. If you try it, I’d love to know your thoughts!

Recipe

Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15-20 mins

Ingredients
1 1/2 Chicken breasts
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 egg

1. Beat egg in small bowl and set aside

2. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish

3. Dice chicken into 1 inch pieces and submerge into egg mixture

4. Coat chicken in bread crumbs 

5. Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes until chicken is golden brown




No comments:

Post a Comment