Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Simple Summer Night

Some nights it can be hard to slave over the stove after a long day of work. Trust me, I get it! This simple dinner can be thrown together in about 20 minutes. With the help of my amazing husband on the grill, our dinner was ready quickly. Here's what was on the menu: bratwurst, broccoli, yellow squash, and baby potatoes. Yum!
Since it is only the two of us I find that it can be really easy to over buy on produce. I hate throwing out unused broccoli, asparagus, and grapes at the end of the week (those are the usual offenders). I've found that this pre-washed and cut broccoli is the perfect amount for the two of us, with leftovers for lunch the next day. This stuff is THE best. You just pop it in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes and the broccoli is perfectly steamed.


Another great thing to buy are baby potatoes. I buy them in a small bag that have already been washed. They only take about 15 minutes to boil and they come out so tender. I like to toss the potatoes in butter with rosemary and pink Himalayan salt. Now this is not your ordinary butter my friends. This is THE only butter that you need in your life, if you haven't tried it, you need to get to the store now and pick it up. It is dairy free, non GMO, and full of omega-3. The best part is, it tastes good amazing!! I also toss the squash in butter and pink salt. 

This is what you get when you put it all together. A quick delicious meal that will keep you full and satisfied all night. What are your go to quick dinner meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment