Monday, January 8, 2018

It's All About the Eyes

I’ve shared before that one of my guilty pleasures is watching makeup tutorials. Specifically I love to watch eye makeup tutorials. There are so many fun looks from cat eyes to smokey eyes and everything in between. Even though I personally stick with hues of pinks and browns, I get sucked into videos with glitz and glam and lots of deep, rich colors. I try to recreate a lot of the looks with more muted colors but with the same glam feel. My favorite Youtubers are Jaclyn Hill and well...that’s it. HA! I guess I need to expand my Youtube makeup artists. But you know how it is when you find someone you like and that works for you. I also get a lot of inspiration from some of my favorite bloggers, Katey McFarlan, Courtney Shields, and Emily Gemma. Seriously go follow these women, they are all about the glam!

Today I am going to be sharing three eye makeup palettes that are super versatile and can be worn more dramatic or subtle. I tend to do my eye makeup very light and occasionally I'll do a brown smokey eye, which I adore. I love how all the colors melt together and create an ombré affect on the eyelid. Often times I’ll reach for two or three palettes to achieve the right look, anyone else?

My first go to palette is the Naked3 by Urban Decay. If you're a makeup lover, chances are you have one of their palettes. What I love about the Naked3 is that the colors are mostly light browns, pinks and mauve tones. Every time I take out this pallete I get giddy inside - it's too gorgeous! While the colors aren't super pigmented, they do last all day. If I'm being honest I don't particularly care for the brush it comes with, I much prefer my amazon brushes because they pick up much more product and blend easier. My cousin got the Naked palette for Christmas and I am eager for a makeup play date! Anyone else love to play with makeup with girl friends?

Another palette I have been loving is The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette by Maybelline. It is of course a palette full of blush colors. The colors in this palette are much more pigmented, especially if you use a lid primer, like this one.  What draws me to this palette is the variety of shimmer and matte shadows. You can create a really pretty and girly look with this palette. This Fall I was really obsessed with creating an all matte eye look. I want to get my hands on this palette to try it out! Any of you gals have it?
The last palette is the newest to my collection. This palette is definitely a splurge, but oh my goodness this is the most buttery eyeshadow I have ever used. The Tartelette 2 In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette by Tarte has been my go to for the past two weeks. The colors are very rich and the shadow lasts all day- even without eye shadow primer! My favorite colors, and the colors i have been using on repeat are, funny girl, smarty pants, and sweetheart. The colors just blend and melt together on the eyelid, I really can’t say enough about this palette. If you are looking for a neutral good quality palette, you need this one! There is also a matte palette that looks so dreamy.

What shadows are you reaching for lately? What do I need in my makeup drawer? Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment