Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Daily Makeup Routine

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9/9/9 10 11


We had a snow day here in CT so I had the extra time to do another blogpost this week! My morning consisted of making waffles, watching Live with Kelly and Ryan, and doing the dishes. I’d say that it was a successful morning in my eyes. I just started reading the book The Couple Next Door, so you can guess how I will be spending my afternoon. I’ve always loved reading but I never put it as a priority to do everyday (I know, blasphemous because I‘m a teacher!). My best friend Leah and I decided that we would start our own book club to hold ourselves accountable for picking up a book each day and having some quiet time. Leah and I now live 8.5 hours apart (insert weeping emoji) but we try to stay as connected as possible. We talk everyday about married life, makeup, and the next best skin care we can try; and now we will talk about books too! All things that are very important people! Anyone else have a long distance best gal?


Today’s post is dedicated to my everyday makeup. This is the stuff I literally use everyday and that I cannot be without. All of these products I love, and most of them I have been using for a while. I have lots of makeup, see this post for a reference, but I don’t talk about all of it because some things I buy I don’t necessarily think are worth talking about. We’ve all had that experience when you walk into Target and you see those little red clearance stickers all over the makeup aisle -  can we talk about how they changed to yellow as of recent, really hard to pick those out Target! I digress. We impulsively pick up things that are $2-$3 even if we don’t need them. There are things I use here and there and maybe I’ll do a post all about a peek into my glambox, but for now you get the things I’m loving and my staple products.


I’m going to walk you through the products in the order of how I apply them to my face. Enjoy!

1. L’Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer. For a long time, about two years, I was using the Becca backlighting primer. I loved this stuff and I still do but I wanted to try something new. I was watching a makeup video at the gym, seriously do this on the stair climber and the time will go by so fast - thanks Leah! Anyways, I was watching a video all about drugstore makeup and I saw this primer. Anything with illuminating power is my best friend. I love a dewy makeup look because it looks so fresh and radiant, which in turn makes your skin look plump and gorgeous. I am really loving this primer and for $12 I was sold!

2. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. This comes in matte+poreless and dewy+smooth, so obviously I got the dewy version. I have repurchased this product twice already and it is safe to say I will repurchase it again. The light coverage helps to cover any redness and leaves your skin feeling buttery smooth. I wear shade 120 classic ivory.

3. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer. If you only purchase one thing from this post purchase this. I repeat PURCHASE THIS. I got this for Christmas and I don’t honestly know why it took me so long to try this product. This concealer conceals dark circles and leaves your under eye looking bright and light. Tarte just came out with the shape tape foundation this week so you can probably guess what foundation I will be talking about in a very future post. What I love about this concealer is the wand. It’s not small like most concealer wands and the bottle has a good amount of product. Definitely worth the money. I wear shade light sand.

4. Maybelline Fit Me Translucent Powder. This powder I did purchase in the matte+poreless because I only use this to set my under eye concealer. This is also a great compact size to throw in your purse and touch up any oily spots on your face throughout the day.

5. NYX Cream Highlight & Contour Palette. I love this palette! It is the perfect cream contour and blends like a dream. Clearly mine has been well loved and I am in need of a new one very soon. I use the darkest contour color to carve out my cheek and I use a little on the forehead by my hairline. If you havent tried to contour, this is a great product to use because you can build up the color. I purchased the light palette but there is a dark palette as well.

6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in shade Paaarty. I received this as a birthday sample from Ulta and I have been obsessed with it ever since. The color is a nice mix between pink and peach. What I love about this color is that it is more subtle but buildable so you can have a nice light pink glow or add more for a brighter pink cheek!

7. Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter in shade Kitten. Highlighter is one of my favorite products and I have a lot in my makeup collection, but none are quite like this. When you open the package it looks like your typical powder highlighter but once you touch it, it feels like butter. It is so creamy and the color, oh that color! I am almost positive it would work on any skin tone. It is a cool shimmer with hints of gold. I love to apply this to the top of my cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow.

8. Tartelette in Bloom Amazonian Clay Palette. I talked about this palette in this post and how much I adore it. Typically when I get ready for work I used a bronzer on my eyelid and a highlighter to top it off. Really a great and easy look but once I bought this palette I became quite obsessed with it. I have been using it almost everyday and I love to play around with the colors. This product does last all day and blends with ease.

9. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara. Clearly I love this product because I use the base, original, and lash paradise in my daily makeup routine. I use the base and lash paradise on my upper lashes and the original on my lower lashes. I like the wand of the original on my lower lashes because the brush is much finer and can coat those baby lashes much easier than the bigger brush of the lash paradise. If you haven't tried a base or primer on your lashes, I highly recommend it. My lashes definitely look fuller when I use the base and more product seems to stick to my lashes.

10. Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer. Filling in your brows can be scary and when I first started doing it I felt so self conscious, like everyone was staring at my brows. Trust me when I say I got over that very quickly and you will too. It is so important to use the right color and try different products until you find one that works for you. I have tried powders, gels, and pencils and some of them I have loved and some I look back on and think What the heck was I thinking?! What I love about this product is that it works like mascara. It only sticks to your eyebrow hairs and creates a really natural look. I wear shade soft brown.

11. Nars Audacious Lipstick in shade Raquel. I have been wanting to try a Nars lipstick for a while now but I couldn’t justify the price. Jay got me a gift card to Ulta for Christmas, he knows the way to my heart, and I knew I wanted this product. I generally gravitate towards mauve colors for my lips but I really wanted a nude color that I could wear with any look. Raquel was exactly the color I never knew I needed in my lipstick collection. Swatching it on my hand does not do it justice and you really just need to go into Ulta and try it out for yourself! Nars formula is so smooth and the lipstick is very long lasting. I would purchase another Nars lipstick for sure.


I hope this post was informative without being overwhelming. If you have any questions or makeup suggestions I would love to hear from you! Stay beautiful!


*Most products can also be purchased at your local drugstore. I tagged all products at Ulta because they have a wide variety. All opinions are my own!*

No comments:

Post a Comment