Thursday, September 20, 2018

Beauty Must Haves for Teachers

How is the week almost over already? I feel like it was just Monday, but by no means am I complaining. Jay and I are going to stick around our town this weekend and enjoy a local fair and an air show. I always feel so blessed to live in a town full of beauty and community activities. Being a teacher in the town where I live has so many positives. It’s so fun to be able to talk with my students about local things happening in the community and to support sports, local family farms, and fundraisers. The families are incredibly sweet and I honestly feel like I am a celebrity whenever I see my students around town. I always laugh because the kids have two reactions: either they are so excited to see me they come up and give me a hug, or they are so shy they cling to their parents and wave from afar. Second grade is such a sweet and pure age. So when I say I’m blessed, I truly mean it.

Getting ready and dressing for my job is much different than if I were working in an office. In a perfect world my hair would be flawlessly curled and my makeup extra glamorous. Everyday I would wear dresses or pencil skirts, heels, big statement earrings, chunky jewelry, and have impeccably manicured nails. That being said, I am a teacher so that is not my everyday. Sure I wear heels sometimes but by the end of the day I am kicking myself for it. Of course I wear jewelry but more often than not big earrings and bracelets are such a distraction for 7 year olds. And yes I still do my makeup, but I am not rolling into second grade with a smokey eye! Which leads me to today’s topic: beauty items that I think every teacher should own.

All my friends know I use a million products a day but today I wanted to show you the absolute things you should be using, even if you don’t wear makeup or have much of a morning get ready routine.

Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion. Every morning I wash and lotion my face. I started using this face lotion recently and I am obsessed. This moisturizer actually adjusts hydration levels throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated and radiant. I know it sounds crazy but they have mimicked the life giving properties of plants to match the structure of skin to give it exactly what it needs, nothing more and nothing less. This is perfect for me because the temperature in my classroom can go from 95% humidity one day to 0% and dry the next.

Native Deodorant. I have been a long time user of Suave deodorant. I didn’t like any other brands and had no intention of switching to a natural deodorant until I learned how dangerous it could be for your body. Many deodorants are full of parabens and aluminum and you’re putting that right on your skin, right near your lymph nodes! Not good. I made the switch, but was skeptical, to Native and I haven’t looked back since. First of all it smells amazing, I have the vanilla coconut, and second it actually works. If you started school in August you know that we had some excruciating days. It was hot, there was no AC, and every single body was radiating heat. But guess whose body was not radiating smell? This gals! I highly recommend it!

Living Proof instant de-frizzer. This is great for second and third day old hair. I love to use it on the top of my head near my part because this is where I tend to get the most frizz. I’m usually running late in the morning (thanks to my snooze button) and I often throw my hair up in a quick messy bun. When I do my hair I like to use this on my ends because it instantly smoothes them right out. It smells so fresh and it does not weigh my hair down at all. I usually get my living proof hair products from Nordstrom because the shipping is free!

Bow Hair Ties. These are currently out of stock at Old Navy online but I found similar ones here. I bought them in the store so I am sure you can find them there. These are the perfect way to dress up a ponytail.
Buxom Lip Cream. I always have chapstick at my desk but I like a little gloss now and then. This gloss tingles like mint chapstick but adds a nice shine without the glitter. It really plumps up the lips and makes you feel glamorous without being too extra in the classroom.

What are you teacher favorites? Not a teacher? Tell me the beauty things you can’t live without on a daily basis! Stay beautiful! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment