Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Splurge vs. Steal Moisturizer Edition

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I did a little too much shopping at The Loft and Sephora, but I can’t resist a good sale! I went through my winter clothes the other day and realized that I absolutely hate all of my sweaters from last year. A bit dramatic? Yes. True? YES! But I digress. With the cool weather approaching I’ve got moisturizer on my mind. During the winter my skin gets so dry and I need to amp up my night cream game. Today I’ve rounded up my favorite creams in both steal and splurge price points.  

Tula Hydrating Day and Night Cream $52 There hasn’t been a Tula product that I’ve tried I haven't liked. I like this cream because it can be used for both day and night. It is an expensive cream; however, it doesn’t clog pores, it doesn’t feel thick or greasy, and the product lasts a while. A little goes a long way with this product, I actually used the product that was left on the lid about 4 times before I actually dug into the jar.

Beautycounter Nourishing Night Cream $49 If you are looking for a product that works and is made with safer ingredients, this is the one for you. This night cream is thick, but again without feeling greasy like the Tula cream. Packed with amazing ingredients like aloe, coconut oil, and geranium and green tea this product is sure to hydrate your skin while you sleep!

Clinique Moisture Surge $19-$52 I put this product in the middle because the smaller jar is more of a steal but the bigger jars can get quite pricey! I initially liked this product because it is a gel cream so it feels much thinner than a traditional hydrating cream. I liked how my skin really soaked this product up, but on the flip side I went through the container very quickly. I did like the results that this gel provided just be aware that it won’t last as long if you tend to use a heavy hand with your night cream.

Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer $5 This was my go to moisturizer for years! When I was a teen I started using this and I would say I stopped when I was about 21. I love that this product is very inexpensive, made with salicylic acid, and helps to prevent pimples. I was so oily and acne prone in my late teens to early twenties and this stuff really helped stop my acne without really drying out my skin.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion $10 Prior to marrying me, my husband was a chronic lack of lotion user. His face was always dry after a shower but he showed no initiative of getting a face lotion and taking the time to put it on. Once we got married, I said enough! I got him this lotion and his world was changed forever! I kid - but seriously having a hydrated face is actually life changing! I’ve used this a few times in a pinch and I love it as well. It doesn’t really have a scent, which is nice for men or people who are sensitive to perfumes. I also like how much product comes in a bottle and that it lasts a long while.

I hope this helps as we begin to enter the cold and dry months of the year. What are your favorite moisturizers? Leave a comment below! Stay beautiful! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment