Monday, September 18, 2017

Chicken Taco Salad + Cilantro Lime Dressing

It’s been a hot minute - I know! These past two weeks have been a big adjustment period as I get back into my work routine. I’ve been finding I’m so exhausted when I get home from work that all I want to do is eat and snuggle with my hubby. I finally feel like I am getting used to being on my feet all day and have built enough stamina to come home, make dinner, work out (if I’m lucky), and write a post. Towards the end of my school year last year, I was waking up early to work out. Hopefully I can slowly get myself back to that routine! I’m really really trying to make this work because I’ve missed writing these past two weeks!

Today I am sharing this flavorful chicken taco salad. It has the same flavors as a taco, but I honestly think it tastes so much better and it’s better for your waistline! I don’t miss the greasy beef or the soft taco one bit! The key to making this salad desirable, is the seasoning on the chicken and the dressing. I am obsessed with this dressing. After I made it, I used it for the rest of the week on my wraps for lunch. It would also be really good with vegetables or pita chips- yum!
I found the original recipe here but, as always, I put my own twist on it and added and subtracted flavors to my liking. I love this salad because it is super quick to put together and very satisfying. Sometimes after I eat a salad I still feel hungry or an hour later I am starving but not with this recipe! The chicken mixed with the greens and vegetables create a beautiful dish that keeps you satisfied. I added diced tomatoes, avocado, and mozzarella to my bed of greens and topped it with the chicken and cilantro-lime dressing.

I’ve made this salad twice in the last two weeks, it’s that good! If you try it, let me know! Happy eating!



print recipe


Chicken Taco Salad
by September-18-2017
Ingredients
  • 1 bag lettuce
  • 2 seeded and diced tomatoes
  • 1 pitted and cubed avocado
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 pound chicken breast
  • 2 tbsps (divided) taco seasoning
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 3-4 tbsps lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp (optional) sugar
Instructions
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Season with one tablespoon of the taco seasoning. Cook in skillet until chicken is cooked through. Set aside. 2. While chicken is cooking assemble the salad. In a large bowl add lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, and cheese. For the dressing:1. In a small bowl mix the mayo with the greek yogurt. 2. Roughly chop the cilantro leaves and fold them into the yogurt mixture. 3. Add the lime juice, one tablespoon of taco seasoning and sugar (if using). 4. Top salad with dressing and chicken- voila!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment