Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Syrup

Is there anything better than pumpkin spice? Specifically, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks? I don’t think so! Today I am sharing a pumpkin spice syrup that can recreate the PSL at a fraction of the cost. I love treating myself to Starbucks sometimes, but I couldn’t do it everyday. Do you know how much money I would be spending in coffee if I went there daily?! Personally, I’d rather spend the money on something I really need; like shoes. Because shoes are a need, right? Right. Now someone tell my husband that. I think if I come home with another pair of shoes, he might lose his mind. LOL.


Back to the pumpkin spice. I had all the ingredients for this syrup stocked in my pantry, and I bet you do too! This syrup is so simple to make and takes less than 15 minutes to make. I whipped up a batch Sunday morning while prepping other things for my week. This syrup can be used on pancakes, ice cream, cookies; basically anything you want to add a little pumpkin spice to. It made about a cup and half of liquid, which I stored in a pyrex container and should last me all week. 


For this post, I decided to make something similar to a frappuccino blended coffee. My sweet aunt sent this recipe over to me and I knew I had to try it. All you need is ¼ cup of the pumpkin spice syrup, 1 cup of coffee, ¼ cup of milk (I used coconut milk) and 1 ½ cups of ice. I blended this up in my blender and voila! This made a lot - so much that I spilled it all over my counter. I suggest using a good sized tumbler or tall glass for this. I ended up throwing half of mine out, because clearly I couldn’t save what spilled (oops!).
 

If you’re a pumpkin lover, like me, this is something you must try. Happy (fall) eating!



print recipe

Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsps cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tbsps pumpkin puree
Instructions
1. Heat water and sugar in small sauce pan. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved. 2. Add the spices and pumpkin. Let simmer on medium heat for 8 minutes stirring frequently. 3. Strain through fine strainer or cheese cloth at least two times. 4. Let cool and store in glass container for up to a week in the fridge.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments:

Post a Comment