Monday, July 31, 2017

Makeup Storage

I’ve stored my makeup so many different ways. When I was living at my parents house I stored it on my desk shelves in a small makeup bag. I would literally have to dump the thing out every morning and put it all away when I was done - how inconvenient. From there I upgraded to a small jewelry organizer. You know those things that had about three sections and were all the rage at Marshalls? I actually still have one, but I use it for a much different purpose. When I moved out of my parents house and into our first apartment I was lucky enough to get a makeup desk. This is from ikea and I really love it! I used the drawers to hold my makeup and these clear organizers to keep everything in its place. That worked for a while, but as my makeup collection continued to grow I started to outgrow the organizers.

I have always loved the acrylic makeup organizers and finally got my hands on this one. My husband got it for me for my birthday and I instantly fell in love with it. All of my makeup fit perfectly in it and it has been much easier to access it as I get ready. I cleaned out all my makeup before putting it away in it’s new beautiful home and gave all the things I didn’t want/need anymore to my little sister. She was SO excited and has been wearing it every time I go visit her, she’s too cute!

I bought this lipstick organizer from Marshalls and have linked a similar one here. Before I stored my lipsticks in one of those clear organizers in my desk and I could never find what I was looking for. I had to dig around and usually ended up picking whatever was on top to use. Now I am able to see what options I have and if my collection continues to grow, which let's be honest will happen, I would definitely purchase another one and keep it on my desk.




How I organize my makeup



The bottom drawer is the deepest so I store all of my primer, foundation, and setting products there. Lots of times powder packages can be much larger so this is a great spot for them. I also store my beauty blender there so it does not get squished.  


The next drawer is where I store all my shadows and shadow palettes. I will be honest, I have a lot of shadows and I do not utilize them enough. As a teacher, I feel a little self conscious if I wear my eye makeup a little darker but this year I am not going to let that stop me. I am not going to go all on dark smokey eye but I want to play more with colors!






I love the next drawer because it is split into two sections. On the right side I keep my bronzers and highlighters. I’m in the market for a new bronzer, if you know of any please let me know! I’ve heard great things about this one. On the left side I keep my beloved blushes. I LOVE blush. I have a new one coming in the mail this week that I am really excited about. It has amazing reviews and the best part is that I purchased it on Amazon - score!
 The last drawer is split into three sections, which ended up working out so perfectly. I am telling you, this acrylic box was made with me in mind! In one part I keep all of my concealers. I feel like I am constantly buying new concealers because there are a lot out there. This one and this one are my two favorites but both for different reasons. The It Cosmetics one is very thick and has great coverage whereas the Maybelline instant age rewind is very light and typically doesn't crease on the undereye. In another section I store all my mascaras which are probably my second favorite beauty product. 
  The top of the acrylic box lifts up to reveal six small storage sections. This is where I keep all of my sample products. I used to subscribe to Birchbox, which I loved and I am not sure why I didn’t resubscribe. Every month you get about 5-6 beauty samples for only $10! I found some of my favorite beauty and hair products this way.  

That’s how I store my makeup! I am thinking about getting another acrylic box to store all my jewelry in. Right now it is in a beautiful wooden jewelry box but it doesn’t fit in with my style anymore. Do you have any favorite ways to store makeup or jewelry? Stay beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment