Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Dulce de Leche Chocolate Bars


There’s no better way to satisfy a sweet tooth craving than with a decadent chocolate treat. The other night my husband I was craving chocolate. Not just a bar of a chocolate but an over the top chocolate baked good. You know when you just need that indulgence, ladies you feel me right? A while back I had bought a can of dulce de leche and I have been dying to make something delicious with it. If you haven't had this sweet caramel sauce you need to run, not walk, to the nearest grocery store and pick some up. Jay and I love the Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche spread on crackers, as a sweet and salty snack. Mmm!

I did what any chocolate craving baker would do, I took to Pinterest to see what dulce de leche recipes I could find. I love Pinterest but it can definitely be a black hole. Sometimes I find myself scrolling for hours pinning new recipes and home decor inspiration. However, on this day, I was in and out of my app as soon as I found the perfect recipe. I stumbled upon The Domestic Rebel’s recipe entitled Dulce de Leche Chocolate Gooey Bars. Are you kidding me?! With that title, I knew I had to make them right then and there! I only slightly altered the recipe by swapping out the rolos for chocolate chips.

This recipe is super easy to whip together and throw in the oven. I ended up letting it cool overnight and eating them the next day so the dulce de leche could set completely before cutting into them, as recommended. It was hard to resist eating them fresh out of the oven but these are well worth the wait and did not disappoint! Gooey? Yes! Decadent? Double yes! Chocolatey? Triple yes!

What are your favorite chocolate recipes? Have you tried dulce de leche? Leave a comment below! Happy eating! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment