Monday, July 30, 2018

Corn Salsa - Chipotle Copycat Recipe

Happy Monday - although it took me some time to get my day started, it’s been productive! This weekend was filled with lots of fun with my husband. We went out with some friends Saturday night and you would think the guys were 30 going on 13. Anyone else’s husband act like a teenager when they’re with their friends - we had so many laughs.

Jay and I love Chipotle. It’s one of our favorite places to go to when we are out and about running errands. We were craving Chipotle the other night but the closest one to us is about 25 minutes, and we did not feel like going out. It was one of those lazy Sundays where you can’t bring yourself to get out of your gym clothes pajamas!

I decided to take matters into my own hands and make us a homemade Chipotle dinner. We’ve done this before but I’ve never tried to make their corn salsa. This really made the meal for us. It is both sweet and spicy, and adds a lot of flavor to the dish. It stayed good in our fridge for about a 5 days and we used it on everything for dinner that week.

I wish I could claim this as my recipe, but it is not. I found it on Making Thyme for Health blog. Sarah’s recipe was super easy to follow and I appreciated all her tips. I will say, I was nervous about using the jalapeno pepper, but I am so glad I used it. It was just the right amount of spice without setting my mouth on fire. I am a wimp when it comes to spice, so if I think it isn’t too spicy, than it really isn't.

I hope your Monday isn’t too terrible! Have you tried any copycat restaurant recipes? Let me know in the comments below! Stay healthy. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment