Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Nighttime Skincare Routine

This is my first work free week of the summer and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Yesterday I ran some errands, cleaned the house, and got myself organized for the week. I love having a routine, it really helps me be more productive and on task. Speaking of routines, I have an easy nighttime skincare routine. I can honestly say I started to notice a difference in my skin about a week after I consistently stuck to this routine. If you don’t have a skincare routine or need to step up your game, my routine is a great place to start.

Cleanse or Exfoliate
I cleanse my face every night, no matter what. Even if I am out late I make it a priority to clean my face before bed. You know I have a new obsession with Beautycounter and I just started using their cream cleanser which leaves my skin squeaky clean without feeling dry. Every other night I like to cleanse with an exfoliator. This helps clear away dull or dry skin. If you have more sensitive skin, I would recommend only doing this once or twice a week. I love this exfoliator because it is less abrasive and smells amazing!
Tone
Up until about a year ago I was skipping this step. I didn’t see the need to use a toner, mainly because I didn’t see the benefits. I thought of toner as the step that burns the skin to the point where you can’t keep your eyes open {thanks to Proactiv and my teenage acne prone skin}. I decided to give it another chance and I am so glad I did. I’ve been using this toner for about 6 months and I love it! It has minimal tingle and gets rid of any leftover dirt stuck in the pores. When I exfoliate I like to use this toner. Let it dry for a few minutes before moving on to the next step.
Face Oil
If you take nothing away from this post at least try this, cleanse and use a face oil! I started using a face oil a few months before I got married and I am telling you ladies it gave my skin the best glow. I snagged an argan oil from TJMaxx and used it on my face every single night. I remember my best friend telling me that I was glowing and to keep doing what I was doing. It gives your face an extreme amount of moisture and refreshes the skin. Currently I am using this oil and I am living for it!

Moisturize
To keep that face oil in place I like to seal it in with a moisturizer. I have tried so many moisturizers but I am currently using this one. I will do a post about moisturizer during one of my steal vs. splurge series! I tend to have more dry skin so I need a moisturizer that is heavy and thick without feeling like it - is that too much to ask for?! This one really does the trick!

Under Eye Cream
Even though I am in my mid twenties {or is late twenties now that I am 26? Yikes!} I want to be proactive when it comes to fine lines and wrinkles. I started using an under eye cream a few years ago and have gone through many since then. I am loving this one because it is so light and really hydrates the undereyes. It’s important to keep your under eyes hydrated. It will help them to look smooth under concealer and bright all day.

Spot Check
No matter how hard I try to keep my skin healthy and blemish free, there’s always a few friends who like to join the party each month. For this I use a little bit of this Tula exfoliating mask and dab it onto the problem area. This really dries out the blemish and decreases the size overnight. I highly recommend it!

I hope this helps on your journey to beautiful skin! Would you be interested in a morning skincare routine? Leave a comment below! Stay beautiful! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment