Thursday, August 2, 2018

Banana Protein Pancakes


On a recent trip to Costco I picked up this protein powder. I had never really used protein powder before but I wanted to try to incorporate it into healthy snacks and shakes. I can’t compare the flavor to other protein but I can tell you that this one is delicious. I picked up the vanilla but it also comes in chocolate.

I wanted to try this protein in our pancakes. I usually make pancakes or waffles on the weekends, but by no means are they healthy! I have to tell you I was a bit skeptical and, if I am being honest, I wasn’t expecting much from these pancakes. The first time I made them, I used protein powder, oats, and water; that’s it! They were really filling but the only thing I could taste was the vanilla from the protein powder.

This time I wanted to try adding a mashed banana for a more sweet bite, and boy did that do the trick! The texture is unlike a regular fluffy pancake because it has no eggs or flour. It is a bit more mushy but not in a bad way. You have to try them yourself! I topped mine with freshly sliced strawberries and maple syrup. These kept me full for hours!

I am looking for some protein bars or I can make at home. Any good recipes you can share? Leave a comment below! Stay healthy! Xoxo

Banana Protein Pancakes


1 large mashed banana
½ cup oats
½ to ¾ cup water
1 scoop protein powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking powder

1. Add all ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend until well combined. If batter is too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time until it gets to the right consistency. You want the batter to be a bit runny and not chunky.  
3. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto a hot and greased pan
4. Cook until the batter starts to bubble (about 3-4 minutes) then flip

5. Top with fresh fruit, yogurt, or maple syrup to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment