Sunday, August 12, 2018

Essential Oils for Travel

I’m in vacation mode, and currently getting ready for our flight! I am beyond excited, but also a little nervous about the flight. I’m not sure why, I really don’t mind flying but the anxiety starts to set in about a day before. I start thinking about the take off, the turbulence, and the trips to the bathroom. Anyone else hate using those tiny things?!


The first time I flew - at 21 I might add - I was really nervous. Halfway through the flight I had to pee so bad because I drank an extra large coffee and downed a ton of water right before we boarded - smart! I finally got the courage to stand up and use the bathroom. As soon as I shut the door and began to think it wasn’t so bad, the seatbelt light turned on!! I was so freaked out!! I ran back to my seat, palms sweating, praying to the Lord I could get my seatbelt on before...before what I have no idea- you know in those situations you just think irrational thoughts. Anyways, I survived and continued to fly after that. I know once I get comfortable in my seat, all will be well.


I thought I would share some essential oils I am bringing on my trip to help with any pain, relaxation, and keeping the immune system healthy. I swear by doTERRA oils, and although they are pricey, they are all therapeutic grade high quality oils - not all oils are made the same. Just be aware when you’re in the market!
Relaxation - Lavender & Serenity
Lavender is my go to oil for basically everything. Can’t sleep? Lavender. Feeling anxious? Lavender. Restless? Lavender. Got a rash? Lavender. The list could go on and on but I think you get the point. I like to use lavender if I can’t sleep at night or when I am feeling worked up. It has such a nice relaxing smell. Serenity is a blended oil. This blend is specific to relaxation and lessening the feelings of tension. I know I’ll be using this right before I get on my flight. This oil has a more warm floral scent.


Pain - Deep Blue
This is definitely a more expensive oil but it is my absolute favorite. This oil has a minty scent. I had this in a 15 mL bottle and went through it in about a year, you only need a drop or two when using these oils. This time I opted to purchase the roller ball type because of the way I use it. It’s perfect for rubbing on sore areas of the body and it gets cool on the skin. I wanted to bring this on our trip because we will be doing a lot of walking!


Health - On Guard
On Guard is another favorite oil of mine and I am almost out! I will be repurchasing before school starts as to avoid all those germs! This oil has a warm fall scent, similar to cinnamon! Every single time I start to get a sore throat or sniffle, I rub this on my feet, neck, and temples and 9 times out of 10 I do not get sick. This stuff is a miracle in a bottle. Being on a plane for 6+ hours means lots of people, germs, and recycled air. I will be sure to use this before I get on and as soon as I get off!


I hope this helps as you think about essential oils for travel. Would you want to learn more about how I use my essential oils? Comment below! Stay healthy! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment