Thursday, August 9, 2018

Be a Better You - Today!


Happy Thursday girlfriends. Recently I lost a friend, quite unexpectedly, and it really made me do some self reflecting. It made me think about how kind, selfless, and positive this friend was and how much of an impact she made on those around her. I realized I want to have those same qualities, and while some might say I do, I know I can always get better; be more kind, more selfless, and more positive.


As a society I think we are quick to judge others, cast away people or things that are different, and expect that when we are kind to others they will be kind back. Today I challenge you to push back on those norms. Say hi to people as you’re walking through the grocery store, embrace the differences that people have, and give kindness to others who might not return it. Being kind is so powerful and your kindness could help turn someone’s day around, whether you know it or not.


Maybe you’re already an amazing selfless, kind, happy person; great, I am so happy for you! I know a few people like that and I strive to be like them. My Pepe is probably my biggest role model for those reasons. He’s the most selfless, kind, forgiving, giving, loving, positive person I know and probably will ever know. My husband made a comment in the car the other day- If I could be half the man he is I would be lucky-  it brought a tear to my eye. Anyone who has had the blessing of having Pepe in their life would 100% agree that he is a rare find. I wanted to share five things you could do today to make a step towards being a better you.



Be Kind - easy right? Not so easy. As humans, it’s hard to be kind to people who might not show kindness back to you. It’s easier to mimic their actions and give it right back to them. Today I challenge you to do something kind for someone who needs it the most. Bring your boss a cup of coffee, pop in and ask if your coworker needs anything, or bring up your neighbors trash can! It can be something so small that can help someone who needs some kindness in their life.


Say Hello - hi!! We are all guilty of letting a stupid amount of time go bye before reaching out to a family member or friend just to say hello. It’s easy to get caught up with yourself and things that are happening in your day to day life. I am so guilty of this. My friend asked me the other day how my parents were and what they were up to that weekend - and I honestly had no idea. I realized I hadn't talked to them in over week. Today, reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in a while just to say hello!


Treat yourself - you might need it the most. Have you been kind to yourself lately? Take yourself out to lunch, get a pedi, read a book, watch that trashy tv show, and buy those shoes you’ve had your eye on all summer- you deserve it! I’m really good at treating myself - just ask Jay LOL! The truth is, you need to give yourself love and attention to feel happy on the inside so you can give it out on the outside. What can you do today to treat yourself? I’m going to my happy place; Target <3


Be positive - don’t be so hard on yourself. If you’re constantly hard on yourself you will never enjoy the moment and be happy. Instead of seeing the negative, try to flip it around and see the positive. So you only got to the gym 3 times this week instead of 5; at least you went to the gym! Maybe you declined an invitation to lunch because you’re too busy; invite them to a lunch at another time. Or you didn’t do so well on an exam or review at work; think of it as a learning experience and strive to be better next time. So today try to bring out the positive light in a negative situation, it will help your outlook on life!


Let Go. Say goodbye to that friendship|relationship|partnership that is just no good for you. Get rid of clutter in your house. Whatever is negatively affecting you right now, get rid of it. This morning I decluttered my office desk and it felt so freeing! Negative energy just isn’t good when you are trying to become more positive, so let it go!


I hope you try to be a better you today. Leave a comment below about what you did! Stay happy and healthy! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment