Monday, August 6, 2018

Makeup Tips

Happy Monday gals! I hope your weekend left you feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready for the work week. My sister is coming to spend a few days with us this week and I am so excited to have her. One of our favorite things to do is play with makeup or as she calls it makeover. If you’re new around here you may not know I have a younger sister - age 9. As you can assume there is a big age gap but we always have the most fun together. I know we will be doing some makeovers this week so I am preparing my makeup for that - i.e. hiding the expensive stuff. LOL.


Today I thought I would share a few tips for the everyday girl on how to enhance your look without spending a ton of time doing it. The biggest misconception that I hear about wearing makeup is that it takes too much time. I would tend to disagree. With the right products, tools, and knowledge, you can whip out your makeup in 10 minutes or less.

Tip #1: Prime before you apply
The most frequent question I get is how do you get your makeup to stay all day? My answer is always, use a primer. I have tried multiple primers but there are two that I absolutely would recommend and adore. The first is this one by Becca. I can’t rave about this product enough, especially if you like a dewy look. This primer will have you glowing from within even before you apply any makeup. The next primer is this primer by L’Oreal. It has a similar effect as the primer by Becca, but for a more affordable price. Both leave your skin feeling soft and slightly tacky, perfect for applying the rest of your makeup. I apply a primer with my fingers so this is a quick and easy step.

Tip #2: Don’t underestimate the power of a good concealer
I’m not saying you need to spend a lot of money to get a good concealer but this concealer by Tarte, although pricey, is by far one of the best. I use shade light sand. This concealer will leave your under eyes bright and light and like you have slept on a bed of clouds for 12 straight hours. I love the applicator on the wand and the amount of product in the tube. I recommend blending it out with a damp beauty sponge for the best result. I love this one by Real Techniques.  

Tip #3: Add some color to your face
Blush, bronzer, and highlight. These will add dimension and life back into your face. If you can’t wake up looking like Blake Lively (because we can all agree she is stunning), why not fake it till you make it? Popping on some blush takes only a matter of seconds, you can see my favorites here, here and here. A little bit of bronzer adds dimension to the face as well as a healthy glow. My favorite is the Butter Bronzer by Physicians Formula. It smells like summer and is super buildable so you can use as much or little as you like. I suggest applying to your hairline, jaw, and right below where you would apply blush to define your cheekbones. Lastly, I can’t say enough about using highlighter. It adds a glow unlike any other. You can see my favorites in this post.  

Those are my quick and easy makeup tips. Would you want a full tutorial on makeup in under 10 minutes? Leave me a comment below! Stay beautiful! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment