Monday, August 28, 2017

Fall Lipstick

Fall is sneaking up on us more quickly than I thought it would. It seems like every store has fall decor and flavors. I have been obsessing over the pumpkin iced coffee from Dunkin - so good!! Now I just need Starbucks to come out with their pumpkin spice (insert praising hands emoji). With Fall coming, it only seems natural to share some lip colors that will take you into Fall. I picked out four shades that I personally love and that I think will go perfectly with chunky sweaters, blanket scarves, and of course the ever so popular riding boot.
In order of descriptions below
Maybelline Nude Embrace
I love love LOVE this color!! This lipstick has a matte finish and glides on so smooth. It is called a nude but it looks a little more brown than nude on my skin tone. This is the perfect shade to transition into Fall with because it can be worn now with your favorite tank dress and in the Fall with a chunky sweater and jeans. The color is long lasting and price point is too good to pass up!

Revlon Plum Baby
This is a great color and this Revlon line in general is great for any woman. The colors are more transparent but also give color. Think tinted lip balm but without the thick chapstick feel. This goes on very creamy and again with the price, it is hard to pass up. This color is a definite fall staple and adds a pop of subtle dark color to match your cooler weather wardrobe.

Model Co Smitten
I love a good red, especially in the cooler months. Not everyone is brave enough to pull off a red but if you are, I highly suggest this one. Red is bold and it is an attention grabber, but I say go for it! While this isn't the exact shade I have it is comparable. I really like this lipstick because it is longwearing. I wore it all day and did not have to reapply, that is unheard of! ModelCo also has a longwearing lipstick that I think I will order in the shade truffle! If their regular lipstick lasts all day, I can’t wait to see how long this one lasts!

NYX Butter Lipstick Moonlight Night
This butter lipstick has become my new obsession. It is OMG good. If you don’t like the feel of lipstick this IS the lipstick for you. This literally feels like butter on your lips, it is that smooth and creamy. I already have three shades and recommend it to anyone who asks about a color. It comes in 35 different colors so there has to be one that fits what you’re looking for! This shade is very dark but is perfect for a Fall date night look. I just saw they have a matte version too which I may try because I have a 25% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket! Anyone else feel like they need to immediately go and buy something when they get a coupon?

Although I link most drugstore products through Ulta, they can always be found at CVS, Target, and Walmart. I actually prefer to go to CVS because I always have coupons to use there, and the more you buy the more coupons they give. I think that’s how they get me to keep coming back! What are your favorite colors for Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment