Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

My life just got a whole lot busier this week. With school starting next week, us teachers have to go back and organize our classrooms, enhance our learning with professional development, and of course catch up with all our teacher friends. It really feels like we just left for the summer and now we are back, pretty much in full swing. Needless to say I am exhausted! I am going to try and post 2-3 times a week because I really love writing and sharing food and beauty tips with you all!
Today I am sharing this amazing oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are fluffy, chocolatey and made with no refined sugar or flour. They were an absolute hit at a cookout we hosted and I think I’ve made them three times since then. Here are some helpful tips when creating these bad boys:

Refrigerate the dough
I always skip this step when I make a cookie recipe because what's the point, right? Wrong. I was SO WRONG. If you make these cookies without letting them chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, your cookies will come out very flat. I tested it for the non-believers out there. I whipped up a batch last week, and while the cookies were still scrumptious, they came out so flat, I mean pancake flat, paper flat....you get the point? If you listen to nothing else I say in this post, just take this tip.

Make a double batch
Because these cookies are so good, you will want to make a double batch. The recipe yields about 12 cookies, which is fine if it is just for your household, but I suggest to up the anti. I love to have these cookies warm and served with vanilla bean ice cream- yum!

Store in refrigerator
These cookies don’t have much that keep it bound together. If you let the cookies sit out in a container on the counter you will end up with a massive cookie mountain. All your cookies will stick together and it’s almost impossible to get them apart and keep the cookie in one piece. If you stick them in the refrigerator they will last longer and keep their shape. I usually pop one in the microwave for about 15 seconds to take the chill off before eating it.  

I hope you like these cookies just as much as I do! Leave me a comment down below if you try them. Happy eating!


print recipe


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Refined sugar and flour free! Still has the same delicious taste!
Ingredients
  • 1 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup ground oats
  • 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsps coconut oil (melted and cooled)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 2. Heat coconut oil in microwave (30-45 seconds) and set aside. Combine egg, honey, and vanilla. When oil is cool at to the mixture. 3. In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients. 4. Slowly add the dry mixture into your wet mixture. Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.5. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. 6. Prepare a pan with parchment paper and use a cookie scoop to place dough on sheet. The cookies wont expand much so about 2 inches apart is sufficient. 7. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cookies completely cool before placing them in an airtight container.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment