Friday, August 11, 2017

Grown-Up Sloppy Joes

There is so much going on in the Ferrando house right now. We recently tore down a wall, were in the middle of making a farmhouse table for our dining room and we are waiting for all new doors to come in for our second floor. We jumped the gun and took off the old doors (goodbye wood) only to find out our new doors wouldn't be in for a while. So my current situation is this; no bathroom privacy, a folding table in the dining room, and an unfinished wall in my kitchen. All that to say, I am grateful. Grateful that my husband is so handy, grateful that we have wonderful neighbors and family who are helping make our house our dream home, and grateful that I school hasn’t started back up yet! (LOL) Although waiting it hard, all this will be well worth it!

Since things are kind of nutty around here I’ve been making meals that aren’t so chaotic. This meal requires little prep and only uses one pan - oh yea! When I think of sloppy joes I think about high school and the strange mystery meat that was served on tasteless buns. Think the total opposite of that. I don’t know what your experience with sloppy joes are but I do know that this experience will be better. I made these sloppy joes two ways. One more traditionally on a bun for Jay, and the other with zoodles for me. Both are equally delicious!



I found the original recipe here. I love Jay’s Baking Me Crazy’s blog, she has so many good recipes! I tweaked a few things from the original recipe. I omitted the ketchup and replaced the coconut aminos with just two tablespoons of soy sauce. I also added a handful of fresh grape tomatoes - yum! The only reason I did this was because I didn’t have either of the original ingredients this recipe called for. I’m sure this does change the flavor and maybe it doesn’t taste like original sloppy joe meat, but I love the flavor it has. It is tangy from the soy sauce but sweet from the sauteed onions and peppers. It is a definite must try!


Let me know your thoughts on this sloppy joe! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment