Friday, August 4, 2017

Whole30 Chicken Stir Fry

I am so happy it’s Friday, and what’s even better is that summer school is over and I have three weeks to relax before I go back to school. Three weeks may seem like a long time but I know it is going to fly by! I’m trying to get in as much cooking as I can because I know when the school year starts I will want to fall back onto some of these recipes. Yesterday I was baking up a storm and I cannot wait to share the delicious baked goods I made! Coming soon…
Today I am sharing a whole30 chicken stir fry. This stir fry is unique because it does not use soy sauce. Typically when I make a stir fry, soy sauce is one of the main ingredients. My husband isn’t the biggest fan, so I wasn’t disappointed when this recipe left it out. My whole30 book has been my go-to lately, as I have shared before. Have you snagged it yet??
What makes this recipe so likeable is that you can pair it with many different dishes. It could be served on a bed of baby spinach, over rice, or simply by itself. I would love to try it with lo mein noodles but I will try that when my whole30 diet is over in 25 days, not that I am counting or anything. 

Having flavorful recipes like this don’t make me miss the foods that I used to eat and honestly I am feeling 100 times better already. I have already dropped 4 pounds and my stomach feels so much happier. I am a little low on energy and yesterday I was SO cranky (and my husband got the wrath of it) but I know by next week I will feel great! I can’t recommend this dietary change enough!
Here are some tips when making this stir fry:
  1. Cut your chicken small before cooking. If you’re an impatient cook or just need dinner ready quickly, this is a key step to this recipe. The chicken will cook so much faster!
  2. Prepare your vegetables prior to cooking. I’ve said before that I do food prep on Sundays. It will save you so much time during the week if you wash and cut all your fruits and vegetables ahead of time. This way you can just dump the vegetables directly from the container into the pan!
  3. Use a large skillet. This may seem obvious but it may not be to all. It really helps if you use a pan with higher sides because there is a lot to mix around. If you don’t you’ll end up with food all over your burner!


I hope you enjoy this meal. Let me know if you try it and what are some of your favorite healthy recipes. Happy eating!



print recipe









Whole30 Chicken Stir Fry
A healthy stir fry that can be paired with any dish!
Ingredients
  • 3 tbsps coconut oil
  • 1 pound chicken breast
  • 1 tsp (1 clove) minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp ginger
  • 1 head broccoli florets
  • 2 carrots
  • 1/2 pound green beans cut into small pieces
  • 2 green onions
  • 1/2 lime juiced
  • 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
Instructions
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet. Cook the chicken on medium heat until cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. 2. Heat the remaining coconut oil and add the broccoli, and green beans. Stir fry until tender. 3. Add the chicken and mix everything together. Cook for about 3 minutes until everything is combined. 4. Top with green onions, lime juice, and cilantro. Serve with salad or rice.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings

Recipe from The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom 

No comments:

Post a Comment