Monday, August 21, 2017

Stitch Fix Review + Video!

My best friend, Leah, is a stylist for Stitch Fix. Even before she was a stylist there I had heard good things about this company. Once Leah started working for the company, I was reassured that I needed to sign up for a fix. So that is just what I did. I requested Leah to be my stylist for two reasons. One she knows me and my style and two she has excellent taste. She could be wearing workout wear and still look pulled together. I knew she would pick out pieces that would flatter my body and send me pieces that I normally wouldn't pick out myself.

Pre-Fix
Before you get your fix you will take a survey about your personal style. Things you like to show off, things you like to hide, colors you like and colors you don't like, etc. You’ll also see examples of outfits and rate them on a scale of how much you like them. You tell your stylist how often you want to see tops, bottoms, dresses, jewelry, and shoes in your fix. You also include the work you do and can specify any special events that you might have coming up. There are also places where you can leave a note for your stylist, or request a stylist as I did. You get to chose how often you want a fix but that can be changed at anytime.

The Fix
Merilyn Shirt Dress by 41Hawthorn $68
I’m wearing a size medium and guys I feel like this dress was made for me. It hits my waist perfectly, is a great length for teaching and it is so light. This will be a great dress to wear when the weather begins to get a bit cooler. I would pair this dress with a strappy heeled sandal like these or black tights and booties. 

Cameron Bow-Back knit top by Pixley $54
I love this sweater. The bow detail in the back is my favorite part. I have always loved polka dots so this sweater was a definite win! I’m wearing a size small. I noticed that the tops do tend to run big and I am SO glad my stylist sized down for this sweater. I paired this sweater with my new favorite jeans. I have them in two colors and they are seriously amazing.


Jarred Lace Detail Cap-Sleeve Blouse by Brixon Ivy $58
I absolutely adore the lace sleeves on this shirt. It’s such a feminine touch and dresses up the blouse. I’m wearing a size medium but I am exchanging it for a small. I love that Stitch Fix gives you the option to exchange a shirt. I paired this shirt with one my favorite Loft skirts. I have so many of them because they fit great and the length is perfect. 
Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan by 41Hawthorn $38
Cardigans are perfect for Fall and can get you through the cold Winter months. This cardigan is super soft and the color is gorgeous. I like how it is a bit longer so you could wear it with leggings on the weekends. I’m wearing a size medium. I paired te cardigan with this tank from Target and Gap jeans.


Nopa Halter Blouse by Skies are Blue $48
As soon as I opened my box, my eyes were drawn to this blouse. I love the colors and the cut is so different than what I already have in my wardrobe. I’m wearing a size small and it fits perfect. I think I may wear it this weekend with some ripped denim shorts and a flat sandal.

How it works
You try on all the things you got sent and decide what you want to keep, exchange, or send back. If you keep all five items, you get an additional 25% off your order, which is fantastic! Included in the box is an envelope with postage already on it for anything you need to send back. Simply do it within three business days of getting your fix to ensure that you don’t get charged for it. Also included is a card with how to style each piece. I love this because it gives you fresh ideas on how to style your new pieces.

Feedback
This step is really important because this is how you will let your stylist know what you’d like to see next time, how the clothing fit, what you liked, and what you didn’t like. I made sure to tell Leah what I liked about each item and gave her some items I might be looking to receive next time. This will ensure that you’re getting the best fix for you.

The Verdict
Overall I am super happy I signed up with Stitch Fix and I am really pumped to get my next fix...in three months. LOL. You can pick how frequently or infrequently you want to get a fix. I really wanted to get a fix because I know Stitch Fix has its own unique brands. This really attracted me because I like to wear things that are different. I still like to go shopping on my own so I didn’t want to receive a fix too often. Leah gets her fix every 3 weeks whereas I opted to get mine every 3 months. I know that I will like everything Leah sends me and I would end up keeping everything. The items are a little more expensive than what I would typically spend but they are also of a much better quality. As I am getting older I want to invest in higher quality pieces that will last rather than pieces that are cheap and not made well.

If you’re thinking about trying Stitch Fix I highly suggest you do it. If you don’t like anything you can return all the pieces, really what is there to lose? Here’s a referral link and in your notes ask for Leah Banks to be your stylist! Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment