Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Luscious Locks - Haircare Routine

I didn’t start coloring my hair until last year. I was always afraid to put any color in it because I loved how dark and naturally highlighted it was. When the balayage trend started to become really popular I knew I wanted to try it. It wasn’t too much of a change and if I hated it, I knew it would grow out. And guess what? I did hate it! LOL. I ended up with more of an ombre than a balayage. So my first experience with hair color was not the best. But from that I learned two things. One: find a hairdresser whose work you’ve seen before and that others recommend and two: bring lots of pictures to your hair appointment.
Luckily I found an amazing stylist, Taylor. I’ll link her instagram here so you can see her fantastic work. She is awesome at color and seriously listens to exactly what you want. I showed her some pictures and she did just what I wanted, she blew my expectations. I’ve been going to her for about a year and she’s colored my hair three times. This time she suggested a do a foil highlight and since I totally trust her color judgement I went with it. I am SO glad we did because my hair looks amazing! Taylor is an absolute sweetie and so easy to talk to, I feel that’s important in a stylist. If you need a new stylist and you live in CT she is the girl to go to!

I used to use Pantene and Suave. After using Pantene for a while I noticed that when my hair dried it was left feeling greasy or oily by the root. My Aunt recommended I try this Suave shampoo because she had experienced something similar. It gets your hair feeling really clean however, it didn’t leave my hair silky smooth. I was talking to my hairdresser about it and another stylist started to tell me about all the chemicals that are in drugstore shampoos which could be the cause of the grease or oil that was left behind. Taylor recommended that I try Paul Mitchell forever blonde shampoo and conditioner. It’s not only good for color treated hair but it smells amazing too! It leaves my hair feeling clean, smooth, and smelling fantastic!

I only wash my hair about twice a week. In between washes I’ll use this Living Proof dry shampoo. I’ve tried a few kinds but this one really leaves my hair feeling clean, like I actually washed it. It smells really good and doesn’t leave a residue on my dark roots. I first got this as a sample and then I just recently bought a bottle when I went to Ulta the other day. It is definitely worth the price.

One of the beauty blogs I follow Bring Your Own Beauty turned me onto this Ouai oil. I have pretty bad fly-aways and as the summer progresses they seem to be getting worse. I like this oil because it can be used on wet or dry hair. I use about two pumps when my hair is wet and run it from my roots to my ends. This stuff smells so good! It has a rose water scent but it is very light. When I use it after I style my dry hair, I use about ½ pump and run it through my ends and lightly at my part. It really helps to keep the fly-aways down and gives a nice shine. 
 
What are your favorite hair products? I’d love to hear from you! Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment