Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Greek Salad

I have been living off of this Greek Salad. Since I’m doing the whole30 right now I need a lunch that is both nutritious and tasty. It is easy to find healthy foods, but healthy foods that taste good is a whole other battle. I’ve found this greek salad to be a great staple and you can pair it with a lot of different proteins. Sometimes I’ll use leftover chicken from the night before or hard boiled eggs. I’ve been wanting to try it with tuna salad but haven't gotten around to making my whole30 mayo.

This salad is perfect for summer because it is light and fresh. I love using spinach as my base and adding fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. I have been obsessing over Kalamata olives ever since I first tried them a few weeks ago. I like to get them from the deli so they are marinated in all kinds of goodness!

Dressings can turn a salad from healthy to unhealthy real fast. Lots of bottled dressings are high in fat and sodium. By creating your own, you control what goes into it. I like to use a little bit of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Since I am using marinated olives and tomatoes, I find that I don’t need much dressing because those two ingredients provide flavor.

Life has been busy over here. As I have shared before, we took down the wall between our kitchen and dining room and finally, FINALLY the beam is going up on Saturday and the studs will be gone! I am beyond excited and yes, I will be doing a post about that and our new dining room table! We, and by we I mean my husband and my uncle, have been working on this table for over a month. I cannot wait to show you guys! Let me know if you would like to see more of the process of building the table, just the product and how to style it, or both! I’d love to hear from you!


print recipe

Greek Salad
A light salad full of flavor!
Ingredients
  • handful baby spinach
  • 1 small diced cucumber
  • 5-6 grape tomatoes, halved
  • 5-6 kalamata olives, sliced
  • 1/4 cup favorite protein
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil
  • sea salt, to taste
Instructions
1. Prepare cucumber, tomatoes, and kalamata olives. 2. Top baby spinach with prepared vegetables. 3. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt. 4. Add your protein (optional) and enjoy!
Details
Total time: Yield: 1 Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment