Friday, July 14, 2017

Banana Oat Bread

I think my brain has turned to mush following along with the Nordstrom Sale. I follow so many beauty and fashion bloggers and that is all they’re talking about! Don’t get me wrong, I am loving looking at all the fall pieces and enjoy watching try on videos. I have major envy of them right now. These are some of my favorite bloggers right now. 1 2 3 4
I have been trying to stick with a routine this week of cooking, cleaning, and working out but summer school started, so everything has been thrown off a bit. Also, we are in the midst of renovating our upstairs bathroom, so it has been a bit chaotic over here. All of our toiletries are sprawled all over our office and our new fixtures are taking up our guest room. I am SO ready for this project to be over, and lucky for me we are almost done. I spent yesterday painting and I am always in awe of how much paint can really change a room. I will definitely do a post about it when we’re completely done.
Although this has been a busy week I was able to bake and cook up some new recipes. Today I am sharing a most delectable banana bread. I knew I wanted to make a banana bread this week and I also knew I wanted to try using ground oats as the flour base. I found this simple banana bread recipe here and changed some ingredients to create my idea of the perfect banana bread.
I talked about oats in this post and I am still loving them in my baking recipes. I swapped out the flour for 1 cup of ground oats and ¾ cup of oats as they are. I did this because I wanted the bread to have some of that texture that the oats bring when they soak up all the moisture.

This bread turned out moist and so delicious! At first I was nervous about how it would turn out using the ground oats but I am so glad I tried it. I usually only do simple and small switches when I am playing with a recipe but this one felt big to me. I definitely will continue to make recipes more my own on this food journey.
If there is something you want to see more of please let me know. Happy eating!



print recipe

Banana Oat Bread
Decadent and moist banana bread loaded with chocolate chips.
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1 cup ground oats
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2. Mash bananas.3. Add eggs, coconut oil (melted), honey, milk, and vanilla to the mashed bananas. Whisk until well combined. 4. In a separate bowl, combine oats, ground oats, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. 5. Slowly add dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Stir until well combined. 6. Fold in chocolate chips. 7. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray thoroughly. I improvised with tin foil and sprayed it with nonstick spray. 8. Bake for 50 minutes or until center is set. The bread will be very moist upon completion.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment