Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Fruit Pizza


Desserts can be hard to resist at cookouts and parties, which is why I usually offer to bring one. This way I know what went into it and how much I can have, based on the ingredients. My grandfather has diabetes and so I try to make desserts with little to no sugar, which is why a lot of my recipes use honey. That being said, this is a recipe I would not make for my grandfather because although it is loaded with fruit, it does have sugar in the “dough” part of the pizza. I’d love to try making this again using coconut sugar instead. If I do I will add the update!



This fruit pizza is absolutely gorgeous. I am not trying to toot my own horn but even I was impressed by how beautiful it looked when I was done. I am not going to lie, putting the fruit on top of the cookie dough was very time consuming. I think in total, between slicing the fruit and placing it on the cookie, it took me about 30 minutes - yikes! If you’re looking to impress a crowd, this is how to do it. I brought this to a pool party so I tried to use different colors of fruit to make this pizza pop!

Here are my tips when making this fruit pizza.
  1. Room temperature butter and cream cheese. I am always so bad about taking out butter and cream cheese ahead of time. For this recipe these ingredients really need to be at room temperature for them to mix well with the other ingredients. No worries if you forget (like me) just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until soft to touch - but don’t melt it down to liquid!
  2. Make the dough and bake it the day before. You should chill the dough for about 30 minutes to an hour and then bake it. To ensure that the cream cheese frosting doesn't melt all over the place it is helpful for the cookie dough to be nice and cool.
  3. Bake on flat cookie sheet with parchment paper. This will make taking the cookie off so much easier. It is a little soft in the center so it can crack easily. By using a flat cookie sheet, you can slide it right off without having to worry about picking it up.
  4. Double the dough or cut the frosting in half. I ended up having so much leftover frosting and fruit that I could have easily made another fruit pizza. It is a hit so don’t worry about having leftover pizza, people will eat it!
  5. Cut the pizza prior to the party. This is a funny one. I brought the pizza to the party I was attending and no one was eating it. I was starting to get worried but then realized people thought it was too pretty to cut into. Once I sliced it up, the pizza literally disappeared within the hour!

You can find the recipe here. I hope you enjoy this delicious fruit pizza! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment