Thursday, July 20, 2017

Perfect Nude Lip

I think every woman is on the hunt for the perfect nude lip. Does said thing even exist? There are so many colors and brands out there that I am not sure it is possible to definitively say “yes I have found it!” Today I am telling about my four favorite nude lip colors that are pretty close to being perfect.
Let me preface this by saying what works for me, may not necessarily work for you. The nude lip color that looks best on me has more of a peachy undertone and subtle hints of pink. I picked two lipstick colors and two lipgloss colors that I think you will love! The best part about the lipgloss is that they will look beautiful on almost every skin tone. The lipstick comes in shades that are marked by numbers so if your skin is more fair than mine just go down a number or two. If you have a darker skin tone than mine I would recommend going up a number. On to the nudes!
This Anastasia lip gloss in the shade butterscotch has such sentimental meaning to me. I bought this color with my best friend Leah and we loved it so much we both ended up wearing it on our my wedding days. It’s only fitting that we both wore it because we’ve gone through every milestone together - love you girl! This gloss is so creamy and a little goes a long way. I usually blot off the excess because if you use too much it can come out looking very white. I love to put this on top of lipstick too to add an extra shine.
NYX glosses are my favorite. I love how small they are and the size of the wand that comes with the gloss. I used this butter gloss in the shade fortune cookie. This is a very sheer gloss but I would still consider it a nude. It has a very light pigment but picks up enough color so that it does look subtly different than your lip color. It adds a high shine and lasts for quite a while. I also have the shade creme brulee which I adore. You can always find at least one of these in my clutch.

I love covergirl and maybelline lipsticks. I like the price point and the creaminess of the actual stick. It doesn't have the long wear like a pricier lipstick or lip stain might but I am okay with that. I am constantly putting on chapstick or gloss to keep my lips moist anyways. This shade is 235 Champagne. This has more of a pink hue to it and feels so flirty and fun.

This Maybelline Nude Lust 920 is gorgeous. The color looks so natural and gives a more sophisticated look. I could wear this to work without my students asking “what is on your lips?” or saying “Mrs. Ferrando you look so different!” Leave it to 7 year olds to tell it how it is. If I’m having a bad hair day and hoping no one will notice, they will call me out on it. I love- and loathe- how honest and unfiltered they are at that age.

I hope these help you on your hunt for the near perfect nude lip! My next mission is to hunt for the perfect pink lip. I have so many pinks but I feel they just look so artificial on me. Any suggestions? Stay beautiful!


All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment