Friday, July 21, 2017

Quick & Easy Breakfast Ideas



It can be hard to make a healthy breakfast when you’re trying to rush out the door, trust me I know. It can be even harder when you feel as though you aren't the best cook. I’ve gotten a lot of requests to do a post about simple breakfast ideas for the un-mastered chef. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day so it’s imperative to kick-start your day with some healthy nutrients for your body.

I am obsessed with avocado. There was about a month stretch where I would literally have it with each meal of the day. It’s so good for you because it’s packed with vitamins and healthy fats that keep your body fueled. I found this great tool for cutting, pitting, and slicing avocados. Especially for all my clutsy friends out there who may be accident prone, I highly suggest this. Having said that, avocado toast is one of my favorite breakfasts and super quick to make. Sometimes I will use my pampered chef ceramic egg cooker but other times I like to just fry my egg. I slather half of the avocado all over the toast and then put the egg right on top - yum!

An even easier breakfast is toast with peanut butter and banana. I like to use oatmeal bread as my toast for breakfast. I did a post all about oats that you can read about here. When I am literally crunched for time in the morning, a good old fashioned toast with peanut butter and banana is my go to.

If both of those don’t tickle your fancy, smoothies are also a super easy option. I made this smoothie with about a half of a cup of coconut milk (I know you’re shocked), almonds, and a frozen banana. That’s it. So simple! I recently purchased this and have been putting it in my shakes. It is a collagen peptides protein powder that is supposed to help with hair, skin, and nails. I haven’t used it long enough to say if it is actually working but the reviews for this are amazing. Cheers to looking youthful!


I hope these simple breakfast ideas will get you thinking about ways you can incorporate healthy foods into your diet. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment