Monday, July 24, 2017

Skincare Routine


I wish I could go back in time and tell my 18 year old self how important skincare is. I never used sunscreen on my face (I am cringing writing that) and I always went to bed with makeup on my face. Thankfully, I woke up at 21 and realized I didn’t want wrinkles by the age of 30.

I shared in this post that Tula is one of my favorite beauty products. I have been using it religiously for about a year and have noticed a few changes in my skin, all for the better. The best part about these products is that they are anti-aging and full of probiotics to keep your skin happy and healthy. Tula has a lot of other products and some more specific for wrinkles. I have my eye on this product.

I use two different cleansers at night. I use this one by Clean&Clear and then my Tula cleanser which I cannot speak highly enough about. I use it every night and sometimes in the morning if my face is feeling oily. I typically don’t wash my face in the morning with a cleanser that is how good this stuff is. I use the clean and clear to take off all my makeup, and I could probably skip this step but I have been using this stuff for years and I am not ready to say goodbye to it yet. It helped clear up my face during high school and I have just continued to use it, as I have gotten older. 

I usually just use my hands to apply and lather the cleanser but Jay got me this cleansing brush for my birthday and I am obsessed with it! I have been using it every night since I got it and my skin is feeling a lot softer, and it hasn’t even been a whole month of using it yet! I have gotten so many compliments lately on my skin and I have to give that brush the credit.

On top of my new cleansing brush I have recently started using a toner by Tula. Typically toners burn my skin because of the alcohol in it, but this one has little to no alcohol in it and leaves my face feeling squeaky-clean. This toner is supposed to balance the PH in your skin to give it a more even tone and texture. I use it after cleansing my face and I’ve only been using it for about 2 months but my skin definitely feels more hydrated and the coloration is a lot more even.

After I let that soak into my skin I lather my face with this hydrating cream by Tula. I love this product because a little bit goes a long way. I usually use about four fingertip size amounts to do my face. This cream is so light and I don’t have that greasy feeling on my face after I have applied it. In the past I have used this clean and clear lotion, which if you can’t splurge on a face cream this is the one to get. It is a little bit greasy but it hydrates your face very well and never made me break out.

What are your go to cleansers and products to keep yourself looking youthful? Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment