Monday, July 10, 2017

What's in my lunchbox

My biggest pet peeve is when people say teaching is easy. My second biggest pet peeve is when they say oh you only work 8-3 and you have summers off! Must be nice. Those people are usually businessmen (women do it too- I know) who sit in an air conditioned room in a comfy chair all day, who get to surf the internet on their down time and have actual adult conversation. THAT must be nice. But I’m not bitter or anything. I love my job 100%. There is nothing else I would ever want to do. I could not sit in an office all day, although adult conversation and air conditioning would be nice! Teaching is not just an 8-3 job, which is why I am showing you what I bring in my lunchbox. So if you’re a teacher or work long hours, this is a great example of how you can pack lots of healthy food for your workday.
Typically I am at work from 7-4:30. I usually eat breakfast sitting at my desk checking emails. Because of this, I try to bring something that I can munch on that’s not too messy. I’ve shared how I like to make my eggs in this post. It’s an easy, quick, and relatively mess free breakfast. The best part is, it keeps me full until snack time! Any of my teacher friends out there still need a snack at 10 every day even though it’s summer?
For snack I’ll usually have a fruit or some kind of bar, sometimes both depending on how my day is going. If it’s a full moon forget about it. My butt is walking to the staff room for oreos because most likely my kids are driving me loco. Isn't is crazy how a full moon can make people act differently?!

These are really decadent, and come in a few different flavors. My favorites are the raspberry and blueberry- yum! They’re just like fig newtons but for adults. They’re dairy free, non GMO, and kosher. Basically all of those healthy food buzzwords going around. Beware this is not sugar free, but it is a good treat when you need a pick me up.

For lunch, tuna has been one of my go-to’s. It’s simple to make and tastes delicious. I love to add chopped up deli pickles to my tuna. I find that I always need a crunch factor when eating a meal. My husband will tell you that sometimes instead of craving a specific food I’ll go whining around the house wanting something crunchy. Anyone else feel me? Instead of using store bought mayo in my tuna, I make my own. I used this recipe. I like making my own mayo because it tastes way better than store bought mayo! Try it, you’ll like it!

Yogurt and a piece of fruit complete my lunch for the day. I like these yogurts because they are only 100 calories, and of course they get a gold star in my eye because of the crunch factor. I might eat these at lunch or as an after school snack. I try to save at least one thing for after school because I can get pretty hangry!

What’s in your lunchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment